Saturday, October 1, 2011

"Imagineering" A New World

Often when I think about what I want to accomplish in life I think of two things: I want to improve the world, and I want to work for Disney.

These two things may seem different, but they, as I have learned, are more similar than many think. Disney is the place where dreams come true, and a better world is a dream come true. Playing with semantics is easy, but when you observe what Disney does and how it is run, you realize that it truly is the most magical place on earth.

I often wondered what made Disney so magical...it was part Walt Disney's dream and part imagineering. Walt envisioned a place where families could go and enjoy each other and imagineers made it possible. This website explains what they do.

http://corporate.disney.go.com/careers/who_imagineering.html

When I go to Disney I feel happier. I feel like everything is okay and that I am allowed to be a kid again. What other place makes you feel that way? Now that I am in this creative thinking class, I have thought a lot about creativity and how imagineers use their creative minds to create spectacular things. I want to do the same. I want to bring a smile to a child's face and make people feel like they can do anything without fear of embarassment. Go ahead, get your picture taken with Goofy!

Disney is at the forefront of the creative world and I know that without Disney the world would be a far more dismal place. So, if you think of Disney and smile, or watch Disney movies and laugh, or watch the following video and awe in wonder like a child - then Disney is not only fulfilling its purpose, but has truly made the world a better place. I only hope that I can do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment