Friday, October 28, 2011

Nature is EXTREME

I saw this advertisement the other day and as soon as I saw it I said "I have to blog about this!" - seriously.

The ad is for Timberland and it is really cool because it promotes the product in a really creative way. The shoes are made out of recycled materials and the ad shows how saving nature can be an adrenaline fueled experience.





This ad is really creative, because not only does it weave its call-to-action with the actual progression of the ad, but it really relates to younger populations. It reflects the concerns of the current population, but puts a fun twist on it, which makes the ad more memorable and effective. Often, an environmentally centered ad will evoke feelings of guilt and that is not always effective in changing behavior - people still may not recycle. The way Timberland speaks to consumers, however, is fun and upbeat and offers a challenge. The challenge is the most interesting part because we all know that environmental decline is a growing threat, but the fact that it could be a fun and adventurous challenge to clean it up never occurred to me - I will definitely recycle and if they have those boots in a girl's style I will recycle in those!

Definitely creative minds at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment