Sunday, November 6, 2011

Creativity Lives!

Today, I went to the craft fair at the World Trade Center in Boston. At first, I did not know what to expect, but I figured it would be fun to try it out and I went with Ivanka so it also allowed for some bonding time. The craft fair was amazing. There were lots of vendors, like the few pictured below.
There were so many creative people that were showcasing their work. From jewelry to clothes to food, the whole place was a creative wonderland. Seeing the hand made items and the thought that went in to each piece made me so happy. It was refreshing seeing creative people embracing their work and sharing it with others. I was lucky enough to be part of their creativity. This experience gives me something to aspire to. I can be like those vendors and part of me wants to be. They are not afraid to fail. They are not afraid that they will be judged for their beer can airplanes (yes those exist). They just want to showcase what they can do and share it with others - the true beauty of creativity. Creativity is not about being the most unique or the coolest, it is about sharing ideas and building relationships through clever designs. This fair was a community of creatives and it was so enjoyable to go there and see some of the craziest things I have ever seen (Jack Daniels wind chime anyone!) Pictured below are two ginger-bread houses that were for sale at the craft fair. They are so cool and really emphasize how creative you can be with graham crackers and candy.




                        Whoville House





                                           Inside the Whoville house (they designed a dining room!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment